[bioontology-support] Re. Load from URL failure for Experimental Factor Ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 16 15:20:00 PDT 2019

Hello Paola,

On Apr 16, 2019, at 2:03 AM, Paola Roncaglia <paola at ebi.ac.uk<mailto:paola at ebi.ac.uk>> wrote:

We were recently notified that "BioPortal failed to load Experimental Factor Ontology (EFO) from URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EBISPOT/efo/master/efo_inferred.owl".

FYI, this was probably due to recent changes in EFO (see https://github.com/EBISPOT/efo/blob/master/README.md).

I replaced the URL in BioPortal with an updated one. As far as I can see, the change hasn't percolated through to the public portal yet. I'd expect this to be visible within 24 hours, but could you please confirm?

When pull URLs change, the preferred method is to add a new submission with the new pull URL so that previous versions of your ontology are preserved. I added a new EFO submission with the new pull URL. It’s fully processed and available in BioPortal now (version 3.5.0), and 2.106 is preserved with the previous values.

Also, could you please update the contacts you have for EFO as follows:

The email address you have for Simon Jupp should be updated, from the old simon.jupp at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:simon.jupp at manchester.ac.uk> to the new jupp at ebi.ac.uk<mailto:jupp at ebi.ac.uk>

I updated Simon’s email address as requested. For future reference, you can change your email address by logging into your BioPortal account and navigating to the Account Settings page.

A new contact should be added for EFO: Zoe May Pendlington, zmp at ebi.ac.uk<mailto:zmp at ebi.ac.uk>

(Simon and Zoe are cc'd on this message.)

I added Zoe as a contact person for the ontology so that her name and email address are displayed on your ontology summary page. Is this what you wanted? Or, did you want her to have administrative privileges to make changes to your ontology metadata?

[cid:956F9D69-F445-4260-A485-A4631933493E at stanford.edu]