[bioontology-support] adding new ontologies

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 16 15:30:08 PDT 2019

Hello Carlos,

We’ve had a couple of requests to add ICD-O-3 in the past (see previous discussion in our support list archive [1]). We haven’t been able to accommodate the requests because this ontology isn’t published in any ontology format that BioPortal consumes (OWL, OBO, SKOS).

I looked over the web page you listed for ICCC-3. It appears to be the same case here - I couldn’t find any reference to an OWL, OBO, or SKOS ontology file that represents their data set. If you know of any such ontology files in one of the formats we handle, please feel free to point us in that direction and we’d be happy to try uploading.

[1] http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com/bioontology-support-BioPortal-Feedback-from-Nedim-Durmus-td4656194.html