[bioontology-support] Re. Load from URL failure for Experimental Factor Ontology

Paola Roncaglia paola at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 17 01:04:39 PDT 2019

Dear Jennifer,

On 17/04/2019 00:20, Jennifer Leigh Vendetti wrote:
> Hello Paola,
>

>> On Apr 16, 2019, at 2:03 AM, Paola Roncaglia <paola at ebi.ac.uk
>> <mailto:paola at ebi.ac.uk>> wrote:
>>
>> We were recently notified that "BioPortal failed to load Experimental
>> Factor Ontology (EFO) from URL:
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EBISPOT/efo/master/efo_inferred.owl".
>>
>> FYI, this was probably due to recent changes in EFO (see
>> https://github.com/EBISPOT/efo/blob/master/README.md
>> <https://github.com/EBISPOT/efo/blob/master/README.md>).
>>
>> I replaced the URL in BioPortal with an updated one. As far as I can
>> see, the change hasn't percolated through to the public portal yet.
>> I'd expect this to be visible within 24 hours, but could you please
>> confirm?
>

> When pull URLs change, the preferred method is to add a new submission
> with the new pull URL so that previous versions of your ontology are
> preserved. I added a new EFO submission with the new pull URL. It’s
> fully processed and available in BioPortal now (version 3.5.0), and
> 2.106 is preserved with the previous values.

Thanks!

>> Also, could you please update the contacts you have for EFO as follows:
>>
>> The email address you have for Simon Jupp should be updated, from the
>> old simon.jupp at manchester.ac.uk <mailto:simon.jupp at manchester.ac.uk>
>> to the new jupp at ebi.ac.uk <mailto:jupp at ebi.ac.uk>
>

> I updated Simon’s email address as requested. For future reference,
> you can change your email address by logging into your BioPortal
> account and navigating to the Account Settings page.

Thanks. I could only change my own account settings, and I'm afraid
Simon's old email is no longer valid.

>> A new contact should be added for EFO: Zoe May Pendlington,
>> zmp at ebi.ac.uk <mailto:zmp at ebi.ac.uk>
>>
>> (Simon and Zoe are cc'd on this message.)
>

> I added Zoe as a contact person for the ontology so that her name and
> email address are displayed on your ontology summary page. Is this
> what you wanted? Or, did you want her to have administrative
> privileges to make changes to your ontology metadata?

Apologies, I should have been more precise. Could you please remove
Zoe's name and email from the public ontology summary page, and instead
let her have admin privileges to edit EFO's metadata. Also could you
please make sure that her address is included in any communication from
BioPortal such as the load failure we received recently.

Again, thanks for your assistance, and kind regards.

Paola (and Simon and Zoe)

--
Paola Roncaglia, PhD
ORCID iD: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2825-0621