[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from arvindshinde

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:51:50 PDT 2019

Hello Arvind,

On Apr 18, 2019, at 12:18 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: arvindshinde

Email: ashinde at gmail.com<mailto:ashinde at gmail.com>

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2F

Feedback:

Hello,
I am using a redcaps database that just started utilizing the BioPortal icd10 codes list. We have noticed that when we type a term like pancreas or malignant, some, but not all of the individual terms in the database with those words in their diagnosis code show up.

We’re not involved in REDCap, so It’s somewhat unclear to me what you’re referring to. Are you using the BioPortal REST API to retrieve data from the ICD10 ontology:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10/?p=classes&conceptid=root

?

If so, are you able to give us any information about the call you’re issuing, and an example of a term you feel is missing from the search results?

If you’re not familiar with the REST API, you could try using the Search page in the BioPortal application:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/search

You can enter a search term, then display the advanced options to narrow the search results to a particular ontology. In this way, you could check to see if the list of search results includes the terms you expected.

[cid:D07DF995-6442-4283-9C75-EFB70101AC54 at stanford.edu]