[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Rakesh Nagarajan

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 24 17:59:26 PDT 2019

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for contacting us. The class that you’re referring to (prefLabel: Family Characteristics) contains a fair number of overall properties that, unfortunately, take longer to retrieve as a whole than our server is willing to allow for an API service call.  I’ve logged this issue into our Github system, where you can track our progress on resolving it, which, due to our resource constraints, will not be immediate.

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_linked_data/issues/92

Meanwhile, is there a specific purpose that forces you to use the "include=all" flag? The same info can be retrieved by breaking this call down to these three (much more performant) requests:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMESH%2FD005191?include=prefLabel,synonym,definition,cui,semanticType,obsolete<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MESH/D005191?include=prefLabel,synonym,definition,cui,semanticType,obsolete>
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMESH%2FD005191/parents<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MESH/D005191/parents>
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMESH%2FD005191?include=unmapped<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MESH/D005191?include=unmapped>

Hope this helps!

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374