[bioontology-support] single https call does not work

Himanshi Kalpesh Mehta hmehta4 at dons.usfca.edu
Fri Apr 26 17:52:53 PDT 2019

To NCBO Bioportal Annotator support team,

 I'm reaching out to clarify whether or not there is a word limit on the
NCBO server-side to annotate text using the GET/POST requests using the
forms method.

 I tried to annotate contents of an entire article on the NCBO annotator
(Link: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator). I tried to annotate
using requests API & Python using the GET/POST method documentation
available (Link: http://data.bioontology.org/documentation).
 When I reduce the text limit to less than or equal to 500 words, output is
generated. However, code generates error 500 when text limit crosses 500
words (Link:
https://gist.github.com/hmehta4/b8f3b657f14db95a4a079d296289b303).

 NCBO Bioportal Username: hmehta4

 In addition, I manually tried copy pasting contents of article on
annotator website, however it redirects me to documentation on GET/POST
method (refer to image). I could not find any resource that would suggest
or validate that a word limit exists(if there is one). If not, could you
help with resources that would direct me to annotate full article in 1
request/submission.

 I await your reply!

Best,
Himanshi Mehta