[bioontology-support] Inquiry on security and compliance

Hansen, Christian CHansen at rchsd.org
Mon Aug 5 16:41:25 PDT 2019

Hello NCBO team,

Our team at Rady Children's Institute of Genomic Medicine is interested in using BioPortal for a number of our research projects. The intention is for it to interface with our REDCap survey system, to help our clinical research team improve the cleanliness of their HPO and ICD10 code data entry, accuracy of their reporting and generally improve the data we collect. However, due to HIPAA and our own compliance considerations, we would need a little more detail on the security and confidentiality measures in place with your system.

Would it be possible for you to share any whitepapers or other SOPs detailing the security measures you have in place to safeguard the confidentiality of lookup values? What data is retained by a query of your system?

Very much appreciate any documentation you have to share -

Thank you,
Christian

[cid:image011.png at 01D30A17.71583C90]

Christian Hansen
Data Manager
Rady Children's Institute for Genomic Medicine
O: 1-858-576-1700 ex. 22-1008 C: 619.322.0011
chansen at rchsd.org<mailto:chansen at rchsd.org> | radygenomics.org<http://radygenomics.org/>

NOTICE: This message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally protected confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE SENDER. If you are not the intended recipient (or intended recipient's employee or agent), you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute this message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Thank you.