[bioontology-support] Questions about NCBO status and BioPortal

Jeff Lerman jeff.lerman at invitae.com
Wed Aug 7 10:57:26 PDT 2019

Got it, thanks.  Sounds like BioPortal lives on as an organization/team (
https://www.bioontology.org/) as well as an application/toolset (
https://bioportal.bioontology.org/) - is that (more or less) correct?

Thanks also for the explanation of the relationship to OBO Foundry.  I’m
sure some of the consequent details will become more clear as I browse some
of the individual ontologies - e.g. I’m curious whether there are cases
where a given ontology might be more current at BioPortal, though perhaps
less in agreement with the unified model that OBO Foundry offers (if that
makes sense).

Best,
—Jeff

[image: email_sig_logo_vert.png]