[bioontology-support] Using the Bioportal for government administration ontologies

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 7 12:25:14 PDT 2019

Hi Peter,

I assume you’re referring to AgroPortal [1]? They're running an instance of the BioPortal virtual appliance [2]. If you’re interested in downloading the virtual appliance, you would just need to provide us with the following information for our record keeping:

- your BioPortal user name -- if you need one go to http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new
- a one to two sentence description of your project
- why you want to use the VA rather than the public instance. For example, do you want to host non-biomedical or proprietary ontologies, or annotate private data? Do you have performance concerns?
- your organization (or another means of verifying your identity)

Feel free to send that information off the support list if privacy is a concern.

[1] http://agroportal.lirmm.fr/
[2] https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/Category:NCBO_Virtual_Appliance