[bioontology-support] Adding a group to an ontology

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 3 20:12:00 PST 2019

Hi Sina,

Thank you for contacting us. You were on the right track, it just requires a little more code. Group is an object rather than a string, and an ontology may belong to multiple groups. Here is the code for both creating a group and assigning ontology to it:

Create Group
------------
gr = LinkedData::Models::Group.new({acronym: "TESTGROUP", name: "Test Group", description: "Test Group Description", created: DateTime.parse("2019-12-03T09:26:30-08:00")})
gr.valid?
gr.save

gr = LinkedData::Models::Group.find("TESTGROUP").first
gr.bring_remaining

Assign Ontology to Group
------------------------
ont = LinkedData::Models::Ontology.find("MYONT").first
ont.bring_remaining
groups = ont.group.dup
groups << gr
ont.group = groups
ont.valid?
ont.save

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374