[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dani Przychodzin

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 9 16:00:43 PST 2019

Hello Dani,

Apologies that you’ve run into a known issue in our system.

As Robert Wynne pointed out in our GitHub issue, MED-RT is a first of its kind hybrid terminology-mapping in the UMLS. More detail here: https://github.com/ncbo/umls2rdf/issues/27#issuecomment-429915134. Our Python program that aids in importing UMLS content into BioPortal wasn’t written to handle this type of terminology. As of yet, we haven’t been able to dedicate resources to implementing a fix.