[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from davidnarganes

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 6 18:27:53 PST 2019

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us. Just to clarify, are you attempting to use our publicly available SPARQL endpoint?

http://sparql.bioontology.org/

If that’s the case, please note that we haven’t been maintaining it consistent with our latest code releases and ontology repository. The data contained in that endpoint is at least five-to-six years old. We have a very small engineering team, and we try to focus our efforts on a path of providing new services with an up-to-date content. Unfortunately, the SPARQL endpoint (at least at present) isn’t on that list.

That said, if you are trying to retrieve subclasses of the term “disease” in SNOMEDCT, the two REST services below are available to assist you. They both return a paginated list that you can iterate over programmatically.

Direct children:
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F64572001/children<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/64572001/children>

All descendants:
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F64572001/descendants<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/64572001/descendants>

For more info on our REST API, navigate here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation

Hope this helps!

Michael