[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Amelie GYRARD

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:36:18 PST 2019

Hi Amelie,

Thanks for your questions.

A) The reason there are no OWL links for the MEDDRA ontology is that its UMLS license precludes re-distribution of the ontology. You may wish to explore using our umls2rdf software at https://github.com/ncbo/umls2rdf to do the conversion yourself, or pursue getting the ontology directly through MEDDRA.

B) You are correct, that widget (and the ones below it) are not operational right now. We have an open ticket at https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/79 and intend to address this as soon as we can, but it is not something we will get to in the short term.

C) We have a SPARQL endpoint, but it is a beta service and its content is several years old. You can find more about it at https://sparql.bioontology.org. Our intention is to replace this service once we have upgraded our back end triple store; that will not be for at least several months.

Sorry for all the unfortunate news; rest assured we are trying to work through these services to provide and update them as soon as we can we can.

John