[bioontology-support] Access to a copy of the VMWare Virtual Appliance?

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:32:48 PST 2019

Hi again Jamie,

Thank you for providing your information with your request. You can now access this page that contains the download and documentation links:

  http://bioportal.bioontology.org/virtual_appliance

We are now providing version 2.5 of the Virtual Appliance, which implements a "call home" feature to determine whether there is an update available. I notice that you want to work with an AWS instance; unfortunately this is still at version 2.4. We hope to have a new AMI available before too long, but perhaps you'd like to contact me about your specific situation. Also, if you have any questions or thoughts about your use of the Virtual Appliance, please feel free to contact me. Our licensing may be change before too long and it will be good to give you an update on that as well.

For any questions about the installation or ontology population process, please email support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org>. And since requests for Virtual Appliance support are made through this NCBO Support email list, we suggest you sign up for the email list at
This will help you keep up to date on the BioPortal and Virtual Appliance systems.

John