[bioontology-support] Access to a copy of the VMWare Virtual Appliance?

OSBORNE Jamie Jamie.OSBORNE at swift.com
Wed Feb 13 01:51:54 PST 2019

Thanks John – downloading and getting setup now – One question that I have already after digging around on the online portal is whether the ontoportal technical stack has built-in any assumptions/requirements that ontologies are compliant with BFO?

While I appreciate the benefits of a foundational/operational ontology, we haven’t yet reached any agreement in Finance about which, if any, we will implement. Some of my peers have raised concerns that BFO is not well suited to our industry and have proposed (or developed) alternatives.

Do you have any thoughts, warnings, or expert advice for us?

Kind regards,

Jamie OSBORNE
Systems Architect
Standards Research
S.W.I.F.T. SCRL

Tel: +32 (0)2 655 3229
Mob: +32 (0)474 990 988
E-mail: jamie.osborne at swift.com

Twitter:  <http://twitter.com/#!/JamieAtSWIFT> JamieAtSWIFT

LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-the-standards-nerd/>

*** Check out our new API Whitepaper <https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/delivering-a-global-platform-for-the-financial-services-api-economy>  and API Developer Portal <https://developer.swift.com/>  ***

þ Please consider the environment before printing

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or proprietary and intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you for your co-operation. SWIFT reserves the right to retain e-mail messages on its systems and, under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems. Please visit  <http://www.swift.com/> www.swift.com for more information about SWIFT.