[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dino Fanfan

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:54:55 PST 2019

Hello Dino,

Thank you for contacting us. You can submit a new ontology to BioPortal by following these steps:

1. Create a BioPortal account by visiting this page: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new
2. Login to your BioPortal account and navigate to: https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies
3. Click on “Submit New Ontology” button and follow a series of forms that create a general ontology record as well as a version specific ontology submission record.

If you need to keep any of your ontologies private, but still want them available to REDCap, please contact us for further instructions.

If you run into any issues during the submission, please don’t hesitate to write to us.  (Note that we are not experienced ourselves with REDCap, and can not offer directions on how to configure it to work with BioPortal.)

John