[bioontology-support] install instruction for bioportal_web_ui

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 15 16:20:28 PST 2019

Hi Sebastian,

On Feb 15, 2019, at 12:49 AM, Sebastian Luehr <sebastian.luehr at bayer.com<mailto:sebastian.luehr at bayer.com>> wrote:

Currently we are evaluating ontology browsers I would love to test the technical side of bioportal. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to run any VM or AMI from external sources. So it would be nice if you can maybe provide an instruction on how to install the bioportal_web_ui, which is present in your git repository. (https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/)

Apologies - I don’t have anything to point you at immediately. We’re a very small team and haven’t dedicated resources as of yet to thoroughly documenting our local development environment. The project you mention above only encapsulates our front end code. There are a number of other GitHub repositories in our organization that make up the back end code for our REST API.

Please give us a day or so to discuss this internally and we’ll get back to you early next week.