[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Warren Welch

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 20 16:10:32 PST 2019

Hello Warren,

I am able to find the resource for DRON_00087099 using the general ontology search, but only by going to the Advanced Search option and checking the Include Property Values box:
  http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?q=DRON_00087099&ontologies=&include_properties=true&include_views=false&includeObsolete=false&require_definition=false&exact_match=false&categories=

Similarly, I can find Biotene Dry Mouth in two references using a similar strategy and 'Biotene' as the search string (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DRON?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FDRON_00086792):
* http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DRON?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FDRON_00086792
* http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DRON?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FDRON_00087099

I am unable to tell you if the exact term you are looking for was eliminated in error, and our ontology expert is unavailable to investigate this further in the next few days, but perhaps one of the two other concepts would be useful to you for now.

I see that the ontobee lookup for this concept shows it as you describe:
  http://www.ontobee.org/ontology/DRON?iri=http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/DRON_00087099
Since we both seem to have the same ontology version for DRON, we will investigate the discrepancy further and let you know what we find.

If you need further assistance please feel free to check again.

John