[bioontology-support] Property search question

John Zobolas john.zobolas at ntnu.no
Sat Jul 6 01:11:58 PDT 2019

?Very useful to know, thanks!

John.

________________________________
From: Michael Dorf <mdorf at stanford.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 9:30 PM
To: John Zobolas
Cc: support at bioontology.org
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] Property search question

Hi John,

The "labelGenerated" is an artificial attribute, stored in the search index exclusively, and has a dual purpose:

1. Provide a reference point for properties, like the one you found, where a formal label for the property isn't defined.
2. Store an additional string for a property that would improve its searchability. For example:

http://data.bioontology.org/property_search?q=bfo_0000067&display_context=false

The idea is for the property with the label "contains process" to be found when one searches on "bfo_0000067". The search does give more weight to the actual defined label rather than the generated label.

"labelGenerated" is defined for ALL properties stored in our index; it will never have an empty value.

Michael