[bioontology-support] Using Bioontology

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 17 15:03:19 PDT 2019

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for contacting us with your request. The following call to our search API should give you all info on a specific CPT code:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=1014549&ontologies=CPT&display=prefLabel,synonym,definition,notation,cui,semanticType,properties

I am not sure I understand your second question regarding the “content related to the search term”.  A few possible pointers here:

1. Once you extracted info on a specific CPT code, you can then use our Search service to further drill down on terms in CPT and/or other ontologies with the identical (or similar) prefLabel (or other properties retrieved in the initial call). Using the above CPT term “Follow-up or Other Outcomes” (1014549), you can execute the following call:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=Follow-up%20or%20Other%20Outcomes&display=prefLabel,synonym,definition,notation,cui,semanticType,properties

2. You can use our Annotator service to find terms annotated with the same prefLabel:

http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?text=Follow-up%20or%20Other%20Outcomes&display=prefLabel,synonym,definition,notation,cui,semanticType,properties

3. You can use our Mapping service to find terms mapped to the original CPT term:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FCPT%2F1014549/mappings<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/CPT/1014549/mappings>

This particular term doesn’t appear to have any mappings, but I hope you get the idea.

Hope this helps. If you require anything additional, feel free to write back with more specifics.

Thank you,

Michael