[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dr. Nitin Ambade

Nitin Ambade nitin.ambade at figmd.com
Thu Jul 18 22:17:37 PDT 2019

Thank you, Jennifer, for the response and information.

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin Ambade
CRA
Product

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 1:04 AM Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <
vendetti at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hello Dr. Ambade,
>
> If I understood your question correctly, I don’t think BioPortal provides
> exactly what you’re looking for.
>
> We provide access to the content of the RxNorm terminology via our REST
> API. If you add “include=properties” to the query string for REST calls,
> the result sets will include all properties for terms in the terminology,
> including the RxCUI property that you mention below. For example, the
> following REST call will retrieve the “Fentanyl Citrate” term from RxNorm
> with associated RxCUI property value:
>

> http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/RXNORM/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FRXNORM%2F142436?include=prefLabel,properties
> <http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/RXNORM/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/RXNORM/142436?include=prefLabel,properties>
>

> However, the result set for a term doesn’t include mappings to NDC codes.
>
> We import RxNorm into BioPortal from the National Library of Medicine’s
> UMLS [1]. You might try contacting their customer support [2] to see if the
> data you’re looking for is readily available in Excel.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jennifer
>
> [1] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/rxnorm/docs/techdoc.html
> [2] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/support.html
>

> On Jul 18, 2019, at 3:09 AM, support at bioontology.org wrote:
>
> Name: Dr. Nitin Ambade
>
> Email: nitin.ambade at figmd.com <nitin.ambade at figmd.com>
>
> Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FNDDF%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3D009166
>

> *Feedback:*
>
> Hello RxNorm team, Bioportal
>
> I represent the clinical team from FIGmd India Pvt. Ltd.
> I need access to RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapped against selected NDC codes.
>
> Do you provide any NDC code and RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapping in excel file
> format?
> How I can avail that mapping for selected NDC and RxNorm?

**Please do not include any Protected Health Information (PHI) when
responding to this email!  *
*
*
*
*FIGmd does not transmit via email any
healthcare information protected by federal and/or state laws unless
authorized by the subject patient or under circumstances where patient
authorization is not required. If FIGmd receives PHI directly from a
subject patient, we consider this to be an authorized distribution of PHI
by the subject patient. *
* *
*This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message (or any attachment) is prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the original sender and delete this message
(along with any attachments) from your computer and if possible your
server.*