[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from brycemecum

Bryce Mecum mecum at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 29 16:25:50 PDT 2019

Hi Jennifer, thanks for getting back to me! Ranking ontologies as you
have makes sense.

> You mentioned that the result from UO is the one you really want. I’m not sure if you’re aware that you can narrow your search results to a particular ontology using the “ontologies” parameter, e.g.

I was, though my use case doesn't allow me to know the ontology of
origin at the time I look up the class. But that's more a problem on
my end rather than yours. I think I can work with what the API
provides.

> Apologies that I don’t have an immediate response to this last part of your message. I’m unclear on why the BioPortal web application (which is built on top of the REST API) is showing the ordering differently. I would need to investigate the code further.

If you could that'd be appreciated.

Thanks again!