[bioontology-support] Help for Bioportal

Claudio Cruschi c.cruschi at elif.it
Tue Jun 4 09:31:22 PDT 2019

Hi

I have some problems with configuration of email for "reset password"
functionality. In ontologies_api project, I modified the smtp
configuration (config\environments\appliance.rb) as below:

config.enable_notifications =true
config.email_sender ="myemail at mydomain.eu"# Default sender for emails
config.email_override ="myemail at mydomain.eu"# all email gets sent here.
Disable with email_override_disable.
config.email_disable_override =true
config.smtp_host ="my_smtp_server"
config.smtp_port =465
config.smtp_auth_type =:login# :none, :plain, :login, :cram_md5
config.smtp_domain ="mydomain.eu"
config.smtp_user ="myusername"
config.smtp_password ="mypassword"

but when I try to deploy it on virtual appliance (I copied new project
folder in ontologies_api/releases and I created the current s-link to
this one) and run bprestart command something goes wrong; in particular
unicorn does not start. Additionally, the server returns an error 500
due to a request timeout.

I tried rebooting the virtual appliance; after that, the unicorn runs,
but the server still returns an error 500.

Could you help me please?

Regards

Claudio

---