[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Fred Trotter

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 4 14:50:17 PDT 2019

Hi Fred,

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. I navigated to the CMT release page to read about these release files: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/Snomed/cmt.html. In particular, I downloaded the Vascular Procedures List, which is described as a “collection of concepts” from Kaiser Permanente’s electronic medical record system. The concepts are stored in Excel format. BioPortal is able to handle ontology submissions in OWL, OBO, and/or SKOS. Were you asking us to convert the spread sheet content to one of these formats?

I also looked at the vocabulary documentation for the latest UMLS Metathesaurus release: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/index.html. It doesn’t appear that they offer CMT as a distinct vocabulary.

Wondering if you might be able to offer a little more detail on what you’d like to see in BioPortal?