[bioontology-support] Ontoportal Virtual Appliance

Joseph Padfield joseph.padfield at ng-london.org.uk
Mon Jun 10 06:11:50 PDT 2019

Hi,

I recently saw a presentation of the BioPortal system, by John Graybeal,
as part of a Linked Conservation Data meeting in Stanford
(https://www.ligatus.org.uk/lcd/meeting/terminology).

As part of the meeting we discussed the potential of gathering together
Ontologies, Vocabularies and Thesauri, related to conservation to form a
Conservation/Heritage Science portal.

As part of this I would be interested to learn how one might be able to
get hold of a copy of the VMWare Virtual Appliance for local testing?

I have not had a chance to explore the actual BioPortal too much yet, so
I will try to do that in the next few weeks, but I did not know how long
it might take to organise setting up a local copy so I thought I would
try to initiate this right away.

Thanks

Joe Padfield

--