[bioontology-support] Annotator plus API compatibility

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 20 18:57:37 PDT 2019

Rayyan,

There is more detailed documentation in the PDF at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5972606/bin/bty009_supplement_bioinf-2017-1427.r2-3.pdf  which is pointed to by the main paper about this capability at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5972606/.

I just tried the API on BioPortal using this string, which corresponds to the one in the first PDF.:
  http://data.bioontology.org/annotator?text=The+patient+has+no+sign+of+melanoma,+but+his+father+had+history+of+skin+cancer.&ontologies=MESH&longest_only=true&exclude_numbers=false&whole_word_only=true&exclude_synonyms=false&expand_mappings=false&negation=true&experiencer=true&temporality=true&lemmatize=false&score=cvalue&semantic_groups=DISO&display_links=false&display_context=false&apikey=4a5011ea-75fa-4be6-8e89-f45c8c84844e

This did not produce the expected results—my construction may be wrong—so we'll have to see what's happening at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

John