[bioontology-support] MedDRA API

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:12:43 PDT 2019

Hello Dolzodmaa,

Yes, you can use the /search endpoint to search for terms in the MEDDRA ontology. The endpoint accepts an “ontologies” parameter that allows you to narrow the search results to particular ontologies. To follow is an example API call to search for the term “cardiac” in MEDDRA:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=cardiac&ontologies=MEDDRA

The search endpoint is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_search

… along with the various parameters you can pass.