[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 30 07:12:27 PDT 2019

Hello Yaron,

I assume you are using the account with username “ShebaRedCap”? I looked up this account and associated API key in our system. I issued a CURL command to our REST API to retrieve data for a particular ontology using your API key, e.g.:

curl -H "Authorization: apikey token=your_api_key_here" http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/BRO

(I removed your API key from the example call above for security purposes). The call returned data for me with no issues. I am not seeing a problem on our end with your API key.

One thing you could do on your end to test your API key would be to open a browser window and try using your API key to retrieve data for an ontology. For example, you could enter the following REST call in your browser’s address bar:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT?apikey=

You would need to enter your API key at the end of that URL.