[bioontology-support] Questions regarding the REST API

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 1 10:56:21 PST 2019

Hello John,

On Mar 1, 2019, at 5:52 AM, John Zobolas <john.zobolas at ntnu.no<mailto:john.zobolas at ntnu.no>> wrote:

I had a question by the way related to this. When I query:
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/T vs http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/T>G (in both cases I was trying to get an error), the format is the same, but you get a different type of error string ("access denied" vs "no valid acronym") and I was wondering why that is.

You get an access denied error when you enter the first URL because it’s an existing ontology in our system, but it’s marked as “private” and you don’t have access rights. Granted it’s odd to have an ontology with a single letter as an acronym - it looks like someone created this as a test ontology. We’ll probably delete it as part of housekeeping.

The other URL gives you a no valid acronym error because there’s no ontology in our system that’s named with the acronym ‘G’.