[bioontology-support] Ontology not in the ranked list?

John Zobolas john.zobolas at ntnu.no
Wed Mar 6 05:38:39 PST 2019

Hi,

I remember Michael mentioned to me that there is this list: https://gist.github.com/mdorf/cea96433cf4bf7dd94d109c8e06e29c0 of BioPortal's ranked ontologies.

So, when I execute this kind of query (to get the classes from all 3 specified ontologies, iterating through the pages): http://data.bioontology.org/search?ontologies=RH-MESH,MCCL,CHEAR&ontology_types=ONTOLOGY&display_context=false?, I expect the returned results to be in the order of the ontologies as in the file, if I understood correctly.

2 things:

  *   ?The CHEAR ontology is not in the file (why?) and its classes appear in the end
  *   RH-MESH is ranked higher than MCCL score (0.561 vs 0.409), but you get first results from the MCCL ontology (why?)

BR, John.