[bioontology-support] attempting to make a 1.9.3 release of CHEMINF

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 15 12:33:31 PDT 2019

Hi Egon,

On Mar 14, 2019, at 7:10 AM, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen at gmail.com<mailto:egon.willighagen at gmail.com>> wrote:

I'm getting the same issue I often have when I try to make a new submission via the website, that the new submission already exists (CHEMINF/submissions/45), but without actually creating a new release.

Here is the detail:

1.9.3 was release this March 2. The OWL is available from the same link as the 1.9.1 version: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/semanticchemistry/semanticchemistry/master/ontology/cheminf.owl

Last time I think someone at your side fixed it, but please let me know if/what I am doing (something) wrong.

You didn’t do anything wrong - the problem is on our end. I looked at the log file that records activity from our nightly attempts to pull new versions of ontologies, and I came across this error:

E, [2019-03-14T18:01:46.443985 #2852] ERROR -- : Unable to create a new submission in OntologyPull: {:proc_naming=>{:duplicate=>"There is already a persistent resource with id `http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/CHEMINF/submissions/45`”}}

This generally means that at some point we tried to pull and create a new submission for your ontology and something went wrong during the process. This results in a corrupt submission object in our backend triplestore, and subsequent attempts to create new submissions fail. I deleted the corrupt object, and the system should be able to successfully pull your new version overnight tonight. I’ll double check that to make sure everything goes OK.

Apologies for the inconvenience.