[bioontology-support] attempting to make a 1.9.3 release of CHEMINF

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 01:23:59 PDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:33 PM Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <
vendetti at stanford.edu> wrote:

> This generally means that at some point we tried to pull and create a new
> submission for your ontology and something went wrong during the process.
> This results in a corrupt submission object in our backend triplestore, and
> subsequent attempts to create new submissions fail. I deleted the corrupt
> object, and the system should be able to successfully pull your new version
> overnight tonight. I’ll double check that to make sure everything goes OK.

I have run into the same issue before and back then the answer was
basically the same. So, I *had* waited with making a manual release
(causing the above issue) hoping BioPortal would pick up the 1.9.3 (or
1.9.2 before that) automatically... but it had not. Is there anyway I can
see the logs of the attempts of the nightly checks for newer ontology
releases to see why it does not normally pick up new releases? Clearly,
bumping the version number of the OWL file did not do the job.

It did pick it up right now, which is the exact course of events last time.
It makes me wonder what you changed (and was changed the last time when a
manual release went awry) that does allow the new version to be picked up
overnight. Could it be possible that even before the manual release fail
sometimes else happened that made it getting picked up last night, but not
~2 weeks ago when the version was bumped to 1.9.3?

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are
available <https://i4oc.org/> available for innovative new uses

-----
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT