[bioontology-support] API call limitations daily, public API

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 19 14:23:15 PDT 2019

Hi Rayyan,

Thank you for contacting us. You have two options:

1. Use our public REST API. Keep in mind that we have a throttling policy in place that limits the number of requests from a given IP address to 15 per second. If time isn’t an issue, this is the simplest way to go about your task.
2. Get a copy of NCBO Virtual Appliance, install it locally and import the four ontologies of interest (provided they are publicly available for download). This requires a bit of upfront work, but the upshot is that you won’t be relying on our network to do your annotations, alleviating the throttling and latency issues.

I would start with #1, and if you run into any issues, try the #2.

Thanks!

Michael