[bioontology-support] NCBO Virtual Appliance Version 2.5 and AWS EC2

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 24 22:52:33 PDT 2019

Richard,

I'm not sure if Alex has had time to respond to this thread, but here is some information re your questions.

We are actually getting closer to having a Version 3.0 ready, as we have been making a number of improvements related to deploying the VM (and several other improvements too). Some of the deployment improvements will make it easier for us to deploy on an EC2 instance.

Unfortunately, the 'EC2 instance' version of the 3.0 VM will become available as a result of that whole process. The good news is, we won't be postponing it indefinitely, we'll be targeting all release formats at once.

And since we haven't had any time to fully spin up the 2.5 VM on an EC2 instance, we don't have a lot of advice there yet—at least that is my understanding.

John