[bioontology-support] technical support for bioportal_web_UI

Claudio Cruschi c.cruschi at elif.it
Mon May 13 03:16:20 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm writing because I have some problems with the web ui bioportal rails
application (the latest github version of the master branch) in the
virtual appliance.

I copied the web app to the rails/releases/<current_datetime> directory,
I created the "current" symbolic link to this folder, I created all the
other symbolic links to the shared folder and restarted all services
with the bprestart command. But when I open the browser to the IP
address of the appliance, the following error is returned to me:

  "We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Web application could not be started by the Phusion Passenger
application server."

Could you give me a step by step procedures to deploy and run bioportal
web ui in the virtual machine?

Regards

Claudio C.

---