[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from William Van Woensel

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri May 17 17:13:23 PDT 2019

Hi William,

On May 17, 2019, at 7:13 AM, William Van Woensel <william.vanwoensel at gmail.com<mailto:william.vanwoensel at gmail.com>> wrote:

See for instance:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DOID/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FDOID_4#visualization<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/DOID/?p=classes&conceptid=http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/DOID_4#visualization>

Thanks for the link. We’re aware of this occurrence. The mixed content errors are originating from biomixer [1] - a 3rd party application for visualizing ontologies that was developed by the University of Victoria and contributed to BioPortal. They no longer maintain the application, and as I mentioned below, we’ve so far lacked the resources to take over the code base. There are several issues with the software, which we track in the GitHub repository [2].

For the moment, if you want to use the software, you can change the protocol in the address bar of your browser to http and you’ll be able to see the visualizations. Apologies for the inconvenience.

[1] https://github.com/ncbo/biomixer
[2] https://github.com/ncbo/biomixer/issues