[bioontology-support] getting 'classified as' information via API

Ines Smit ias41 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 22 07:21:24 PDT 2019

Hello BioPortal team,

On the page of the MedDRA term 'Blood pressure Lowered' on the interface
(https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MEDDRA?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMEDDRA%2F10024982),
there is the information 'Classified as: Blood pressure decreased'.
This redirects to the term 'Blood pressure decreased'. This latter
concept is the Preferred Term (PT) and the former is the Lower Level
Term (LLT) in MedDRA. The PT has the ID 10005734.

How can I get that relationship via the API?

When I search the LLT (10024982) I get the concept but it doesn't
include the ID or name of the PT (10005734).
I'm using
'http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=10024982&ontologies=MEDDRA'

I would like to find the PT (Blood pressure decreased - 10005734) upon
submitting the LLT (Blood pressure lowered - 10024982).

I also tried the Annotate service with the hierarchy parameter but it
loosk like the LLT>PT is not included as a level in the hierarchy, as it
jumps straight from the LLT to the higher level terms.

Thank you,
Ines