[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Manuel T. Schrempf

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Mon May 27 22:22:09 PDT 2019

Manuel,

Thank you for this report. We have entered it as https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/119, and will be examining it in more detail soon.

I note that all of the top-level classes in FMA have been defined as owl#Thing in BioPortal, so I believe this is a design decision made by the original developers of the ontology representation (that is, not a bug). If you would like to be more explicit about why you see it as wrong, that may help us assess the situation more clearly.

Thank you for your time to share this with us.

John