[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Melissa Philadelphia

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 18 13:53:00 PST 2019

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for contacting us. Our team consists of software engineers who build and maintain BioPortal. As such, we are not necessarily experts in each individual ontology that we host, CPT included.  That said, I did some basic Google search for “cpt codes”, which, yielded this page:

https://coder.aapc.com/search/

Searching there for “lung scan” revealed the following CPT code:

https://coder.aapc.com/cpt-codes/78580

I then found the same code in BioPortal:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT?p=classes&conceptid=78580

I’m hoping that that’s the code you were looking for. If this isn’t, I’d recommend emailing the person listed as the “Contact” for CPT on the ontology summary page here:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT?p=summary

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374