[bioontology-support] VICRA Ontology - Broken

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 3 10:49:35 PDT 2019

Hi Trista,

This is Michael Dorf from the NCBO BioPortal team. I just wanted to reach out to you regarding your ontology, Victoria Remoteness Areas (VICRA).  The source file for this ontology appears to be in a CSV delimited text, which is not one of our acceptable formats. The formats that BioPortal is able to process include OBO, OWL, and SKOS (the latter needs to conform to the following specification: https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/SKOSSupport)

Unfortunately, the ontology as it is currently presented is unusable and will be removed from our system shortly.

Please navigate to http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ and re-upload your ontology using one of our acceptable formats.

Thank you,

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374