[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from superraptor2

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 13 15:03:26 PDT 2019

Hi Clair,

Apologies - I wasn’t clear from your email what the original format of your ontology is? You mentioned that you opened it in Protege and tried to save it as a couple of different OWL formats.

I downloaded both of the ontology source files that you submitted to BioPortal and I wasn’t able to open either of them in the Protege application. Do you have a version that you’re able to open in Protege without errors? BioPortal is able to handle OWL format ontologies, and generally speaking if the ontology loads in Protege it will also load in BioPortal.