[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ryan Whaley

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 24 15:54:23 PDT 2019

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your report. Roughly twice per year the UMLS [1] publishes a release of a group of ontologies, which we import into BioPortal.  The Spanish version of SNOMED CT (SCTSPA) is one of the ontologies that’s pulled in when we do the UMLS imports.  Something must’ve happened during our latest import that caused the character encoding to break. We’ve had this issue occur in the past, and there is a Github tracker item that provides some additional detail:

https://github.com/ncbo/umls2rdf/issues/28

I’ve re-opened that tracker and added the info that you provided. Hopefully, we’ll get this resolved soon.

Michael

[1] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/