[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from fathalla

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 26 11:14:38 PDT 2019

Hi Said,

I see that my colleague had already answer a similar question from you a few days ago. Are you still having trouble submitting your ontology? I’m pasting his answer below:

Thank you for your question. Information about adding an ontology to BioPortal (which we assume you have developed using other tools, for example Protege) may be found at this site:
   https://bioportal.bioontology.org/help#Submitting_an_ontology

If you are developing this ontology primarily for your own use, at least initially, you may want to mark the ontology as Private, so that only you are seeing it. (You can change that setting later.)

If you want the ontology to be publicly visible and usable by other BioPortal users—even if it is in early stages of development—you should make it Public, but if it is not mature you can set its status to alpha or indicate it is not ready for use.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374