[bioontology-support] NCBO Annotator VM Question

Megan R Barnes mrbarnes at uw.edu
Thu Apr 2 12:31:41 PDT 2020

Hello BioPortal Support,

I’m writing with a question about the VMWare Virtual Appliance.  We are running the v2.5 of the virtual appliance for the Annotator API, looking to reproduce results that we got from the BioPortal Annotator API.  I am aware that this is not the same version of the annotator that is running at http://data.bioontology.org/annotator , and have noticed that the shape of the API response is different between the two versions.  This is fine, but I have noticed that the content of the annotation responses is also different, even though I am using ontologies downloaded directly from bioportal.bioontology.org/<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/>.  Is there any obvious reason why the same ontologies would return different results in different versions of the annotator API?

Thanks for your help,

Megan Barnes
PhD Student in Computational Linguistics
University of Washington