[bioontology-support] API key on Virtual Appliance

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 12 18:43:46 PDT 2020

Ching-Hua Chen,

Thanks for this question. No, your APIkey for your Virtual Appliance installation is not supposed to be the same one you use to access the BIoPortal.

To access your Virtual Appliance via the API, you will need to get an account on *that* Virtual Appliance. This will create a unique API key for you for that Appliance.

Whoever installed the Virtual Appliance for you should be able to give you the address at which you can access the Virtual Appliance. Once logged in, you can visit the Drop-down menu with your user name on it to see Account Settings, or visit the URL https://{ip_address_of_application/account.  You will see your API key on that page.

John