[bioontology-support] Fwd: [BioPortal] Feedback from Jean

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 15 09:53:25 PDT 2020

Reforwarding to list after deleting API key information...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jean Travassos-EXT <Jean.Travassos-EXT at glpg.com<mailto:Jean.Travassos-EXT at glpg.com>>
Subject: RE: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Jean
Date: April 15, 2020 at 6:11:46 AM PDT
To: John Graybeal <jgraybeal at stanford.edu<mailto:jgraybeal at stanford.edu>>, "support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org>" <support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org>>

Hello John,

Thank you for replying me.
I don’t actually know why but I could get this working in NiFi by passing parameters twice:

http://10.10.3.79:8080/ontologies/GAAT38/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fwebprotege.stanford.edu%2FR8T0KZCbVZAr6ly04QxKhXU?apikey=<DELETED>&include=all&include=all&display_context=false&display_context=false<http://10.10.3.79:8080/ontologies/GAAT38/classes/http://webprotege.stanford.edu/R8T0KZCbVZAr6ly04QxKhXU?apikey=%3CDELETED%3E&include=all&include=all&display_context=false&display_context=false>

Params include=all and display_context=false was only read after duplicate them. But it is working.

I checked with our infrastructure team and we only have one instance of BP.

Another strange behaviour is exclusive of BP:
We have this Ontology with 3 submissions. When we open the Ontology, its tree is outdated.
After we click in any node, the tree updates itself for the latest and correct version.
Do you know if this may be caused by the lack of any property when submitting a new version?
There’s nothing to do with we trying to consume data, it’s something exclusive from BioPortal…

In attachment there’s examples:
-          AAT38 is our Ontology, contains 3 submissions.
-          Submission3-WhenEnters is the tree in the moment when we first see the Ontology. There’s ‘Reference Compound UoM’ node, which is outdated.
-          Submission3-AfterSelection show the reloaded tree after we select any valid node.
-          Submission3-SelectingUnexisting is the error page if we select the node that shouldn’t be shown anymore, since it existed only in the first submission.

Thank you very much for your attention and time.

If you prefer, I can arrange a quick call.

Best Regards,
Jean Travassos