[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from rakesh

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 11 16:17:54 PDT 2020

Hi Rakesh,

On Aug 10, 2020, at 5:18 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: rakesh

Email: rakesh at pieriandx.com<mailto:rakesh at pieriandx.com>

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2F

Feedback:

Hello,
I am using v2.5 of the Ontoportal appliance and have successfully loaded NCIT a few times now. I am now attempting to load SNOMED-CT after conversion from the UMLS using umls2rdf as a .ttl file. I have selected UMLS as the format but I have now tried twice to upload via UI and the server threw an error saying 'something went wrong and administrators have been notified. However I dont know what happened. Are there logs on the server to check?

There are some instructions for locating log files here:

https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/ontologies/submitting_ontologies/#is-there-a-log-file-for-parsing

Any other ideas to help troubleshoot? Finally are there commands to load directly on the server I may use?

I’m not certain this is what you’re asking for, but you can manually re-parse an ontology submission using this methodology:

https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/ontologies/submitting_ontologies/#manually-reparsing-using-the-ruby-console

It’s also possible to upload ontologies programmatically. An appliance user submitted the following script to our code sample repository:

https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/ontologies/submitting_ontologies/#manually-reparsing-using-the-ruby-console

It’s a script that imports ontologies from on appliance instance to another, which is not what you’re doing. However, I thought that some portions of the code might be of interest to you.