[bioontology-support] Sorting object property values

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 4 11:32:15 PST 2020

Hi Sina,

Thank you for your report. Yes indeed, it does seem a bit random, especially for classes with a huge number of properties, such as this one:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F71388002<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/?p=classes&conceptid=http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/71388002>

This may not be a trivial issue to resolve, as the rest service, which the UI uses to retrieve the values for properties only contains the URIs:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F71388002?display=all<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/71388002?display=all>

The UI then uses AJAX based calls to gradually resolve all corresponding labels for these terms. In any case, I’ve created an issue to be tracked here:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal_web_ui/issues/123

Feel free to add any details there you deem relevant.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374