[bioontology-support] Question about processing UMLS ontologies

Koo, Jahoon JAHOON.KOO at UCDENVER.EDU
Fri Feb 7 15:15:29 PST 2020

Hi BioPortal,

This is Jahoon, a student worker from Health Data Compass.

For my project, I have to migrate multiple UMLS ontologies from BioPortal into my virtual appliance.

On your wiki, it says "UMLS ontologies can be processed to work with our system by converting them to RDF. There is no automated way to do this and you must have your own UMLS MySQL installation and an OSX/Linux/Unix machine with 8GB+ of RAM in order for the conversion process to work. Once you have converted UMLS to RDF, you will get Turtle (.ttl) files that can be uploaded using the BioPortal Web UI".

I would like to double check if there is no automated way to convert UMLS ontologies to RDF.
If not, I am wondering if there is an automated way to upload Turtle (.ttl) files to my virtual appliance without using the Web UI.

Respectfully,
Jahoon