[bioontology-support] API Access

Rempel, Trevor Trevor.Rempel at Point72.com
Fri Feb 7 13:46:24 PST 2020

Hello Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been able to get an API key and have been looking through the API documentation, although I am having a bit of trouble trying to parse through a given ontology. Suppose I wanted to parse out the CPT ontology, how would I approach that?

Best,
Trevor

From: Michael Dorf <mdorf at stanford.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 4:44 PM
To: Rempel, Trevor <Trevor.Rempel at Point72.com>
Cc: support at bioontology.org; Data Compliance <DataCompliance at Point72.com>
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] API Access

Hi Trevor,

To access our REST API, you’ll need an API key. The instructions for getting an API key are found on the BioPortal wiki:

https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Getting_an_API_key<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help*Getting_an_API_key__;Iw!!K_TC0FI_KA!_QR7XlL9X9UqOQa2mwnPELy0BUK6xEx2mVk2w6IrLOgljvURrx79Aowe0cbg0LFEbo76TQ$>

Our REST API documentation is located here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/data.bioontology.org/documentation__;!!K_TC0FI_KA!_QR7XlL9X9UqOQa2mwnPELy0BUK6xEx2mVk2w6IrLOgljvURrx79Aowe0cbg0LHkOxABzQ$>

Thanks,

Michael